AZFISHBOOK’s mission is focused on the sport of fly fishing, the social aspect and communication of the groups members, as well as, conservation issues related to protecting, connecting and restoring Arizona’s waterways.
Members of AZFISHBOOK come from a variety of fishing organization in Arizona, Arizona Flycasters Club, Desert Fly Casters, White Mountain Lakes Foundation, Payson Fly Casters, Arizona Trout Unlimited State Council and all of its chapters, as will as many other fly fishing enthusiast that care to join. Note: Please check the organization’s rules and guidelines for specifics on participating in their events.
AZFISHBOOK ON FACEBOOK OFFERS.
- Search and post fly fishing information related to fly tying & recipes, casting, fishing techniques, fly selection, fishing venue information or other fishing relevant information.
- Personal or group fishing trips
- Do-It-Yourself information or questions
- Q & A related to fishing
- Chat with other members
- Setup your own sub group for Project, your favorite fishing friends, a fishing venue, etc..
- Search for keyword on AZFISHBOOK
- Search for fishing opportunity or events. Register!
- and much more
RULES & GUIDELINES
AZFISHBOOK retains the right and responsibility to remove post or remove members that don’t adhere to the purpose of this social network. Following are a few of the basic rules of participation:
- NO POLITICS.
- NOT A COMPLAINT CHANNEL, if a member has an issue they may forward it to the organizations moderator. Posting those complains will not be tolerated.
- MUTUAL RESPECT OF ALL AZFISHBOOK MEMBERS.
- A MEMBERS PAST BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED BY THE MODERATOR TO NOT BE IN ALIGNMENT WITH AZFISHBOOK’S MISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OR MAY BE REMOVED.
- VULGARITY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
- COMMERICIAL USE IS NOT PERMITTED, however some ads or promotions may be posted if the moderator deems it beneficial to its members.
The events or meet-up posted on AZFISHBOOK come for multiple sources from local and state Fishing clubs, a few folks looking for a fun gathering to go fishing of practice casting, meeting in someones garage for a DYI project like building a rod or maybe get together to tie a few flies. Here are few examples
- Schedule a trip to an urban lake or canal to do a little Arizona bone fishing (grass carp)
- Organizing a trip for a small group of 2 to 5 people to Silver Creek for the weekend
- Looking for someone to travel to Alaska for a two-week fishing extravaganza
- Suggest a group trip to Big Lake where everyone makes their own reservation.
- Just looking to go fishing or looking for someone experienced in a particular venue and willing to mentor.
- Connect with someone to help with a DIY fishing accessory project (build a rod, fly box, pontoon car rack, etc.).
AZFISHBOOK is not owned by any specific club, however some events posted may be sponsored by a specific organization. Be sure to check any regulation, rules, or membership responsibility with those sponsors. As always, participating in AZFISHBOOK is at your own risk. Be careful and curious.