Hook: Standard dry, size 12-22
Thread: Brown 6/0 or 8/0
Wing: White Antron or poly yarn
Tail: Dun hackle fibers or Microfibets
Abdomen: Olive, brown, or black dubbing
Thorax: Brown dubbing
1. Place the debarbed hook into the vise and start wrapping the thread just behind the eye, wrapping back towards the bend of the hook. Don’t trim the tag end of the threat yet.
2. Take a small clump of Antron and tie in the wings at the front of the hook, using figure eight wraps to secure so that the wings lie flat.
3. Now wrap the thread back to the bend of the hook, keeping the tag end of the thread on top of the hook.
4. At the bend of the hook, tie in several hackle fibers to form the tail. Bring the tag end of the thread between the fibers, splitting them, and tie off and cut the tag end of the thread.
5. Now dub a tapered body towards the wings.
6. Next use the brown dubbing to form the thorax.
7. Form a neat thread head. Whip finish and cut the thread.