In partnership with AZFISHBOOK, AFC is implementing a photo gallery to share our photos and fish stories. Sharing your fishing stories and photo is a great way to interact with other club members.
How does this work?
With your smart phone or tablet take a picture or upload a picture to your computer from your camera of choice.
To participate you must have a facebook or and Instagram account.
Several options for sharing. The key is the hash tag #afcazfishbook.
- Share photo on Facebook. On your phone click “Share”, select “Facebook”, and in the post message type “#afcazfishbook” and any message or story you what to share.
- On Facebook upload a photo from your computer. In the post message type “#afcazfishbook” and any message or story you what to share..
- If you use Instagram, click share, select facebook, In the post message type “#afcazfishbook” and any message or story you what to share.
If you want to share it further, then you can share those pictures and stories on Facebook with AZFISHBOOK, Arizona Flycasters, Zane Grey Trout Unlimited, Arizona women of Trout Unlimited or any other groups, pages or friends you like.
So join in the fun and social network with your fellow club members!
- Woolly Worms (black, olive, and dark brown) in #10,
- Bead Head Soft Hackle Pheasant Tail in #12,
- Gold-Ribbed Hare’s Ear in #12, Prince Nymph in #12,
- Royal Coachman Dry in #14,
- Elk Hair Caddis in #14,
- and a standard Pheasant Tail Nymph in #16 (fished behind the Royal Coachman Dry or Elk Hair Caddis when fishing for rising trout).
- Royal Coachman in #14,
- Adams in #14,
- Elk Hair Caddis dry flies in #14,
- un-weighted Pheasant Tail in #14,
- Gold-Ribbed Hare’s Ear in #14,
- and a Bead Head Prince Nymph in #14.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials have announced that a new water intake for the Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery (NFH) has been built and successfully tested in Lake Mohave…
Hook: Standard dry, size 12-22
Thread: Brown 6/0 or 8/0
Wing: White Antron or poly yarn
Tail: Dun hackle fibers or Microfibets
Abdomen: Olive, brown, or black dubbing
Thorax: Brown dubbing
1. Place the debarbed hook into the vise and start wrapping the thread just behind the eye, wrapping back towards the bend of the hook. Don’t trim the tag end of the threat yet.
2. Take a small clump of Antron and tie in the wings at the front of the hook, using figure eight wraps to secure so that the wings lie flat.
3. Now wrap the thread back to the bend of the hook, keeping the tag end of the thread on top of the hook.
4. At the bend of the hook, tie in several hackle fibers to form the tail. Bring the tag end of the thread between the fibers, splitting them, and tie off and cut the tag end of the thread.
5. Now dub a tapered body towards the wings.
6. Next use the brown dubbing to form the thorax.
7. Form a neat thread head. Whip finish and cut the thread.
Contact Dennis Lockett: 602-885-4075
- St Croix Avid/A793.4, 7’9”, 3 wt, 4 pc fly rod with case $150
- Orvis Battenkill BBS II, 3 wt, reel loaded with SA WF3 float line GPX, with second spool loaded w/SA WF4 F/S wet tip T-3 $150
- TFO 9’, 6 wt, 4 pc fly rod, TICR Lefty Kreh w/fighting butt with case $160
- Lamson Velocity 3, loaded w/SA, 6 wt GPX F/line & second spool loaded w/SA 6 wt sinking line, uni-form IV $260
- Sage “XP” 890-4, 9’, 4 pc fly rod, GIII-8 wt $350
- Galvan T-8, 8 wt reel, loaded w/SA wf 8 wt float line GPX with second spool loaded w/SA uniform sink wf 8wt line $325
- Sage DS-2 G-II, 5 wt, 4 pc fly rod 590-4 with case $140 SOLD
- Clear Creek Fountain II square rod travel case 4-4 pc rods w/4 pockets (blk) $60
- Stearns MD#0340 inflatable belt/manual (waist type with Co2 action) $50 SOLD
- Mustang Survival inflatable collar PFD MD #3003/manual type V Co2 action w/Co2 rearm kit $95
- Trout Unlimited float tube – TOGIAK (Color Black, Yellow Orange) 350 lb. capacity $125
- FishPond wader changing mat – 38’ x 38” size with Velcro ties/wraps $35
- Anchor for float tube 1 ½ lbs, w/rope $7 SOLD
- Orvis Wading Tele IV Staff, cork handle $50
- Booties, Glacier glove, large, black neoprene with rubber soles $15
- Sage zippered duffle bag with separate vented/zippered storage bottom $85
Our class this month will feature the huge quantity of dubbing material donated to Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing and our club by Jason Jones. The class will show what dubbing is available, how to blend/mix it, and how to apply it to all types of fishing flies. You will have the opportunity to make your own blend and tie a simple leech pattern. Ron Robinson will supply the hooks. You need to bring your own tying equipment. We are using Jason’s donation to help generate funds for our local Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing program and offer our members an opportunity to purchase unique, quality dubbing at a very low cost. We will be taking purchase orders at $5 per bag. The class will be held on August 16 from 7:00 to 8:45 PM at the Sunnyslope Community Center.
If you have questions, give Ron a call at 602-867-8820.
AFC Fly Tiers Guild Meets August 24: We have had a number of requests for a VERY informal get together to tie flies of our own liking and share techniques and materials used. Depending on the response, we will meet once a month at the Sunnyslope Community Center from 7:00 to 8:45 PM. The first meeting will be held August 24 with a theme of “rabbit”, which would include just about any type of fly, so bring materials for a favorite pattern and show us how you tie and fish it.